Friday, February 20, 2004

Now much new to blog on today.
This Saturday, though, I'm going to be helping Mike cater a wine tasting for Riverside Wine & Imports. I'm simply going to be assisting in plating the food, nothing big. But, I am looking forward for the chance to catch a bit of an education along the way. The last, and only other, time I helped him, I came away with a good deal more knowledge on catering, wine and wine tastings than I went in with. Plus, it was a great deal of fun as well. I'll be sure to report how it goes.

Bonus! Riverside Wine, which is spitting distance from the tasting, is having a sale on O'Hanlon's Ruby Stout. (Yes, it's what you'd imagine, Stout with a splash of Ruby Port. Having now *had* a Ruby Port, I'm interested to see what flavors I pick up on more). Only $1.59 for a 500ml bottle (normally it's around $3-4), so I'm going to be sure to sneak over there and grab a few bottles to bring home.

|