Wednesday, March 24, 2004

So I have finally tried Bubble Tea.

You see, on my way back from my previously mentioned wanderings, I happened to notice a Bubble Tea place outside of work. (Like spitting distance from the front doors). Well, since it was so close and on the company's tab, I decided "what the heck!" and, while on my lunch break, grabbed a Mango tea. It...well, I can't say it's an unpleasant experience, but it definitely wasn't what I expected. When I get the image of tapioca in my head, it's off those little white/clear globs you get in pudding. Not so in the Bubble Tea. Instead, they're these huge black jobbles, which kind of remind me of cooked dough soaked in water. The flavor is not unlike, well, drinking all the juice out of a can of fruit. Sweet, syrupy and a bit overpowering. Though I'm glad I had the chance to try it, I can't say I plan on getting bubble tea again, anytime soon.
Sorry Virg ;)

|