Thursday, April 29, 2004

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, or so they say..

Personally, I'm always at odds between the breakfast I *want* to have and the breakfast I do have.
I'd love to open each day sitting in a sun room, the new daylight streaming in, sipping a fresh cup of coffee, having some French toast, fresh fruit and yogurt swirled with granola. All presented on a tiny table with a pure white tablecloth (imagine your average Gourmet magazine "breakfast" shot ;). Unfortunately, this never happens. I get to work damn early, so my mornings are usually spent throwing something together, chowing down on it and taking my coffee in a to-go mug to work. I really don't know why I do it. After all, where am I rushing to get to? A drab cube farm, filled with meeting notes I'd rather not write and work I'd rather not do?
Instead, this morning, I had a fried mushroom and onion omelets and I'm sipping on my coffee now.

What did *you* have for breakfast?

|