Monday, May 10, 2004

The Monday Status Report

What I made this past weekend:

Sun-dried Tomato Pesto - I made this for a party I went to this weekend. I've made it for past gatherings and it's always a fav. Easy too, which is always a plus. I'd contemplated putting my bread making skills to task and making the french bread to go along with it (having taken the class and all), but decided that, until I'd had some more practice, that would not be a good idea.

Homemade refried beans - I remember a time when Genevieve would make fun of me for wanting to make something that so easily came out of a can. I don't know when I won her over, but I think it has something to do with the fact my refried beans (which are, actually *refried*, as opposed to simply mashed pinto beans, which is what the canned stuff seems to be) kick ass and are about 100X tastier than the canned mush.

Quesadillas - served with above mentioned beans, queso blanco and cilantro and topped with a chipotle tomato sauce (which must be good, as it seems like I've been requested to make it every weekend ;). Finished with a touch of lime.

Soyrizo enchiladas - no fun trick to these. The soyrizo is pre-packaged (what, you think I can make that stuff???)- served with simply some queso blanco and..more of that chipotle tomato sauce.

Bread X 2 - One: french bread. Thanks to the class, this turned out better than normal, but still...a bit dense. Needs work. Did well as a snack though, served with a bit of Hero Raspberry Jam (currently my favorite jam in the world). Two: Flakey Rolls - Okay, I fudged these up. They were in the oven too long and got *way* too crusty. Ah well.

Genevieve also made some awesome Banana & Chocolate Chip mini-muffins - though also a lo-fat recipe, these turned out so much better than the last (failed) attempt.
yum yum

I think that's about it. If I forgot something..I'm sure I'll be reminded.

|