Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Trying to escape the concrete jungle

After slothing my way out of biking to work this morning, I decided that I couldn't let the pleasant weather go completely unnoticed and headed outside for a little break.
So, harmonica in hand, I went out to navigate the brief strip of nature between office buildings here, hoping for a secluded spot where I could play my harp. After walking for about 15 minutes (and most likely looking like a weird fellow to those outside smoking), I realized how economically the nature space was used. There was *just* enough that tenants could feel like there was something other than asphalt out there, but little enough that there was not a single spot where one could sit without the windows of a building staring down right at you.

It was pretty depressing.

|