Thursday, July 29, 2004

They are here!!!

Finally, after months of work, days of sweat, tears, and hours of rending my vestments trying to get them back from the duplicators in time for tonight's show, I have the promotional copies of our first album (to be "officially" released in the fall) "Chapter and Verse" in my hand! 10 tracks chunk full of Subliminal Self's style of dark synthpop goodness.

Unfortunately, as these are promotional copies, there are no liner notes. To make up for it, I wanted to send out some notes of thanks to all those who helped this cd come into fruition.

The BIG thanks goes out to Mike Crooker (aka Tofu). Without his production, advice & support, this would have been a much lesser disc.

Other thanks:
Special thanks go out to Dawn Mitchell, Chris Foldi & Dougless R. Esper for lending their vocal talents and time, in exchange for nothing more than some good times. You have my immense appreciation.

I'd also like to thank the amazing bands we've have the privledge of performing with in the past year: State of Being, Tofu, In a Cat's Eye, Scare Tactic, Doom Patrol, no_tech, ThouShaltNot, Hungry Lucy, Cyanotic and Peace Patrol, as well as all the DJ's who spun our first EP, including: DJ Evil C & The Mystery Dancer (Darkfield Imagery), The One Bob (The Shape of Things to Come), IPM Radio, Dj Cypher (Dark Nation Radio) and Audiotech Live.

And, of course, my supportive family: Genevieve, Alesha, Mom, Dad, Susan, David, Caleb, Audrey, Byron and Oliver

Lastly, but not leastly (though occasionally beastly - okay, I'm done) a few particularly awesome people: Lou, Lauren, Adam and Anne. ALL the members of our mailing list and all the others who I forgot 'cause of my Swiss cheese brain, you guys and galls rock!

Anyways, now that I have that out of the way. Who wants a copy?
Of course, the easiest (and my personal favorite) way of getting one would be to head up to the show at Club 10-34 tonight. (Check the website, www.subliminalself.com for more info)
Barring that, e-mail me at patrick@subliminalself.com with your name and address and I'll have one out to you.
thanks much!
Patrick

|