Monday, December 20, 2004

I hate winter already.
So, yesterday, the pipes in our bathroom froze (resulting in no hot water in the sink and NO water in the shower). Unfortunately, the pipes are located in such a way that the only way *I* could see to get to them was to somehow get between the stairs to the basement. Not weighing 30lbs though, this was pretty impossible. So, I had to call our landlord, who will hopefully call back today to let us know he’s sending a plumber over.

Then, later that day, due to the incredibly shitty roads, I had to cancel plans to meet with my mom (the only chance I’ll have until after Christmas).

Finally, this morning, my car wouldn't start. It sounds like the battery is pretty dead. I *hope* it’s just the battery. I didn’t leave anything on, so I don’t know the cause of the problem, but I’m going to try to jump it tonight, after I work my 10 hour day (to make up for the vacation time I don’t have, but plan on using over the holiday season).

On the upside, on Saturday, I got to enjoy *two* awesome Christmas parties, thanks to Mike & Liz (find out what we had here) and Lauren, where I also learned two valuable lessons:
1) Any story which starts out “So I was hooked on tranquillizers” is guaranteed to be good
2) When Santa starts trying to tie Christmas to monkeys, it’s best just to smile and nod, he’s obviously gone mad.

Then, this morning, I got a Christmas present from Adam. A collection of horror stories by Richard Matheson (one of the writers on my favorite of all series, The Twilight Zone..the original, obviously, not the 2 crappy rehashes that have been out since).

Always look on the bright side of life..-whistles-

|