Thursday, February 03, 2005

Informal Semi-Rhetorical Poll - please leave votes in the comments

I have been asked to work my restaurant job every-single-day this week. Originally, they asked me to work till close on Monday. No problem. Then, on Tuesday, they ask me again to work. Eh, I would have liked to have known ahead of time, but, I didn't have anything to do, so no problem. Then, yesterday, Wednesday, I call to get a schedule and they ask me to work that night! I decline, saying I have plans. When I call later that night, to find out if they have a schedule for me, I get asked to come in Thursday, Friday & Saturday. I agreed to come in tonight (and will work tomorrow, as well) but said we'll have to talk about the weekend. Now, is it just me, or is this a bit unreasonable on their part? It'd be one thing if it was my full-time job, then yeah, I'd expect to be working most every day. But this is a part-time gig.

So, is it so out of the ordinary to ask, when I go in today, to be scheduled for 3 days a week (they are only open 6 days)? I figure, if there is an emergency and they need me to come in for a fourth day, every so often, no big deal. But, average around 3 days each week.

|