Monday, February 14, 2005

Sorry I haven't posted much lately. The truth of the matter is, I wasn't sure where my job at the restaurant was heading. During the week, I got a call from the owner. He had phoned my cell the night before, but it wasn't with me, so I didn't get the message till the next day. Apparently, they had been swamped the night before and they could have really used the help. So, between that and my assertion that I can only come in 3 (or possibly 4) days a week, he wasn't sure if they could use me at the restaurant. I guess he was feeling that they needed someone who could come in "whenever". This would be a reasonable assumption for a full-time person, but I have a regular job and this is only a part-time gig for now and I let him know as such. When I left the conversation, I was pretty sure that this past weekend was going to be my last.

Then, on Friday, he stops in while I am working and it's like we're buddies again. He also tells me that he wants to talk to me on Saturday and that "it's positive." So, I have *no idea* what's going on. On Saturday, he just says we'll talk about it on Monday and that it's not a big deal. But, I did see a "help wanted" sign in the window, which bodes well for them hiring another person to work the days that the other part-timer or I cannot work. We'll see.

If I don't end up working there past this week, well, I can't say I won't be upset. But, it's not like it would be the end of my culinary career, just time for a change.

|