Saturday, March 26, 2005

Some big news on the restaurant front..

As of next weekend, I will no longer be working at the current restaurant. I applied for a job at another place, where I was offered the position of "Line Cook." I took it.

This means a few things:

  • I will be spending 100% of my time in the back of the house. So, no mopping the dining room, no bussing tables, no taking customers' orders, etc. All of my time at work will be spent cooking or cleaning my own station.
  • Technically, more money. Though, when you figure in the tips and such I get at the current place, I might be making a little less. But then, even if the restaurant is dead, I will still be making the same amount of $$.
  • The big one: a step up on the restaurant positions hierarchy. Previously, I would be considered a prep person. Now, I'm a line cook. The next step up is a Sous-Chef. But, that said, I'm probably going to be at line cook for awhile before moving up. But, this also means I can start as a line cook, as well, when I get out of school in NYC. Meaning..more $$.


This is all very exciting for me. I will finally get to don my under-used chef's jacket as I head into work. YAH!

|