Monday, March 14, 2005

To those who worry...

I did not mean to say, by my last post, that I was no longer happy working at the restaurant. Yes, I do want to expand my horizons and look for other places. But, if I end up working there until September, so be it. I definitely will not be crying any tears over it. Last Monday was just a shitty day and it felt like I was being picked on the whole time, so I had to vent.

For example, this past Friday, the chef was in a fun, joyous mood and we got along really well. So, I just let it slide. This weekend was surprisingly dead, especially after how crazy last weekend was. There actually reached a point on Saturday when there was not a single customer in the restaurant. We were hanging out in the dining room and some people came in and actually wondered if we were even open. That's how slow it was. In a way, it was nice, because it meant I didn't have to work very hard. But, it also sucked because I pulled down horrible tips both of those nights.

Unrelated to the job, I was very happy with myself for discovering my own way to cut down on the calories (always important in our house) on these banana muffins I made on Sunday. I was able to cut the sugars in *half* just by caramelizing the bananas before using. The carmelization of the sugars naturally in the bananas upped the sweetness without adding any actual more sugar. It also punched up the banana flavor significantly. Now, if I can figure out how to cut down on the butter...

|