Sunday, August 28, 2005

Today's entry is going to be pretty short, as 1) I'm really tired from cleaning and packing all day (with breaks to eat premade food and play some Galaga) and 2) Thursday was just not that exciting. It was another night with no family/friends to meet, so we grabbed what may be our last takeout from Phnom Penh (an amazing thai/vietnamese/cambodian restaurant in Cleveland). A little interesting tidbit though...Phnom Penh is the only place in Cleveland to serve Cambodian food, which is really not that odd, considering the city's size. What *is* weird is that New York, as well, only has ONE restaurant that serves Cambodian food. I guess I always except that if there's one of something in Cleveland, there'll be a dozen or more in New York. Guess not. It might not be such a bad thing if not for the fact that the two dishes Genevieve and I get there are among their Cambodian specialities. The plus side is that the one restaurant in New York happens to be near our apartment. Yah!

Anyways, that's it for now. I can't promise I'll be able to write tomorrow, or the next day for that matter, as we'll be busy loading everything up into the U-Haul, cleaning up and heading out to our new place. I am overcome with a mixture of excitement, apprehension and exhaustion. I'll report back as soon as I can.

|