Sunday, September 25, 2005

ARGH!

So I get into work this afternoon to be told 2 things:

1. My boss hadn't well..bothered to check my resume before hiring me!! So, after finally getting around to looking at it, he determined that he was grossly overpaying me for my limited experience and promptly cut my already meager $12.00/hr pay rate to $8.00. Shit, one of the reasons I took that job was the pay rate! I told him so and he was very apologetic, but firm that he couldn't afford to pay me more than that.

2. Even though I told him, say, 3+ times that I wanted to only work a 4 day week, I come downstairs and..wow..there's a schedule posted (a first) and wow I'm on there for a 40 hour, 5 day week, including both Saturday and Sunday. What the hell?! I told him, numerous times, that I was in school and could only work 4 days. I said it when I first came in to interview, I said it when I came in a second time to make my schedule, I said it on Wednesday when he was making the schedule. So I confront him with it and he acts like it's news to him (he was the one who offered, even before I suggested, that I take Saturday off, so I can have a day off from school and work) and then goes on how he "really needs me" this Saturday, as everyone else is off. Well, whoop-de-fucking-do, I was supposed to be off too! And I don't know when they request it, but I did so the day I was hired.

Okay, I am done ranting. Sorry for all the cursing. Just a little ticked right now.

|