Thursday, October 13, 2005

Good News!

I can open that bottle of hard cider that's been sitting in my fridge for over a week now, waiting for a special occasion. I have a job!

I got hired this afternoon to work at Murray's Cheese Shop. Though the name might not mean much to either non-New Yorkers or non-cheese freaks, it's a considerable name to have on my resume. Murray's supplies cheese for most of the major upscale restaurants in town (as well as out of town, they supply cheese for the famous French Laundry) and is a well known establishment in the city.

It's also a job I was really hoping for, since it'll give me a chance to learn way more about cheeses than my school could possibly offer. I will be working there three days a week, during the weekdays (their main traffic is from commuters during rush hour - the store i will be working at is at Grand Central Market), which is the perfect schedule for balancing my school and work.

I do have another interview on Sunday. I haven't cancelled it, as it's supposed to be for just once a week (on Sundays) and it's pretty close to home, so it might be a good source of a few extra bucks. Okay, I'll be honest, it's because it's a speciality beer and wine store and if I can get a employee discount on both my beer *and* my cheese, well, that's just a bit of heaven.

So, I'm really excited. I'll be sure to let everyone know how it goes.

|