Thursday, December 08, 2005

Sorry I haven't blogged lately. Sometimes, I just get too caught up with work and school and blogging, well..that's kind of down there on the list. But, I'm home today, so I thought I'd blog really quick.

Not much new has really been going on. I'm nearing the end of my 3rd module and we've been working on terrines and pates. It's part of the Garde Manger (cold foods) section of the course, which has been a mix of exciting and stressful, since these are very intense preparations. At the same time, it's a culinary corner I was previously unfamiliar with, so it's probably the most I've learned during any section, so far.

The next module is pastry and baking, which I'm really excited about. It's also supposed to be a break from the intense module I am in now.

Work has been going nicely, as well. It looks like they'll be cutting down on hours after the holidays, which isn't too bad, as I picked up an extra day anyways. I talked to them about working there after school is done and they seemed up for it. I have alot more that I can learn there, so as long as there's something to learn, I'll stick around.

|