Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Well, I am done with module 3, the hardest module so far.
Yesterday, as I mentioned, was the Grand Buffet. Today, we had our test and practical (where we're graded on a dish we prep and cook). I am not sure how I did on the test, though I think I got a solid B or B+. My practical, I got a 90 (out of 100) on that. My seasoning was spot-on and my strip steak was a perfect medium-rare, but my bacon wasn't cooked enough and I had a bit too much odd negative space on the plate. Ah well, I'm happy with my grade.

I also had a paper to turn in. A um..book report. Yes, at 28, I had to write a book report. But, what he paper was really supposed to be about was setting a plan for our culinary careers. Actually, I really liked it. The chance to sit down and think about my career goals helped me define more of what I am looking for (and not in some lame way, as I thought it would).

After all this work at school, I'm heading to Murray's tonight and then tomorrow I have off of both school and work. So, though I usually celebrate the ending of a module with some drinking, I am afraid that will have to wait until then.

|