Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I realize it's been over a month since my last post and even longer since my last "real" post, but I promise this will change. As of yesterday, I am done with my externship! They did offer to hire me in for freelance, but I really need some steady work now. Just one job, 5 days a week. So, I am going to work full-time at the cheese shop. I enjoy it and it's something I can do with little stress.

My externship was definitely an enjoyable experience though. The people were friendly and I feel like I learned alot. I don't know how I feel about the length of time I was required to work for free. There were folks from another local culinary school there who only had to work 95 (I had to do 210), but it gives me a great feeling of accomplishment to have gone through it.

Anyways, so I am on to a semi-regular schedule for awhile. I promise to post more.
For those looking for a consistent weekly, non-personal, post though: check out kitchen.apartmenttherapy.com, where I contribute a weekly cheese review.

Enjoy!

|