Friday, June 16, 2006

This post is for my sister, who is looking for new ways to cook veggies. I hope the rest of you enjoy it, as well.
I hope to do this in a series, each spotlighting a different cooking method.

First up, we had some baby bok choy. I came up with a really yummy quick recipe for this. It took about 5minutes from start to finish. This is using a method called braising.

  1. Preheat a heavy-bottomed pan. I used my cast-iron skillet, but a regular nonstick pan will work. You just can't get it as hot.
  2. Cut the bok choy in half.
  3. Place the bok choy, cut side down, in the pan (make sure it's nice and hot).
  4. Cook until the bok choy is browned. Throw in a splash of rice wine vinegar and immediately cover.
  5. Cook for approx 1m. Uncover. Remove from pan. Add salt and pepper. Serve.

|