Monday, October 09, 2006

However anyone else reads it, I can't help but feel odd about the fact that I'm following up a post about quitting one cheese shop to find my way in the cafe world in order to announce that I am leaving the cafe world to return back to cheese (at a different shop).

But, it's true.
It's not that I didn't enjoy working there. It's just that some opportunities are hard to pass up, even though I was about to.

You see, originally I wasn't going to take this new cheese job. I was enjoying where I was working and saw no reason to move on. I changed my mind over a weekend trip to Ithaca, New York. During this trip, we stopped by Lively Run Goat Dairy, a little family run dairy who produce the excellent Cayuga Blue (a blue cheese made with goat's milk). As we toured the farm and talked about cheese, I started to realize that this was where I was truly happy, that I couldn't talk about sandwiches for five minutes, but if given the slightest nudging, will talk on and on about cheese. Add this to the fact that the new shop, a small neighborhood location which will also sell craft beers as well as offering premade foods, is exactly the sort of shop I would open when I open one.

So this week is my last at the cafe and I'm really excited about what's coming up.

|