Monday, October 23, 2006

Small Update:
I just finished my first week at the new shop and it's been alot of fun. I've worked for a "startup" once before and it was much more of a different experience. I think, in part, the difference is me. When I worked for the startup restaurant, I can say with complete certainty that I had no idea what I was doing. I could not possibly be a help to them. One person learning their job from the ground up working for someone learning their (restauranteur) job from the ground up, it just doesn't work.

With the new place, it's different. I am confident in my ability to work there. It's all a matter of finding the vibe of the current place, the tempo and the beat of it and I think I am heading towards that (though not completely there). It's been fun and I hope to be there for awhile.

That said, I'm still very much looking forward to leaving the city in November to come back home to Cleveland for a bit. I hope I can see all you Cleveland folk then.

|