Tuesday, December 05, 2006

For the first time since I was 18, I have no synthesizers or any musical instruments of any kind. I reached a decision last week. It's been almost 2 years since I've completed a new song. Though there's a handful of songs in various stages sitting on my computer, it seems I had this extremely long-running creative block. I'd call it laziness, but it's more than my energies have been focused in other directions. I just feel that I can't truly call myself a musician anymore and the stuff I had left was just going to sit there, unused. It's a very strange feeling for me and part of my wishes I hadn't unloaded it all. I was even partially hoping that no one would bid on my Korg EM-1, so I could have a reason to keep it. That said, Genevieve and I are planning to move to a bigger place next year and, I hope, with that, I can bring the Hammond Organ back from my Dad's. But it's obviously not a instrument that I can make a complete song with and will function as a display piece as much as an instrument.

|