Tuesday, January 02, 2007

2006...

Though some years could be accused of going by without much fanfare, 2006 was definitely not such a year for me. During this past year, I graduated from culinary school, worked at: one of the city's largest cheese shops, a catering company/cafe in Chelsea and a sandwich shop, all this before ending up back in the gourmet food biz, at a small neighborhood shop in Brooklyn. It also marked my first full year in the culinary field. There’s been no desks, endless hours before a computer screen and team meetings, though tomorrow night I'll be having my first official staff meeting since I quit West in 2005. Being at the owner’s house in Brooklyn, I doubt it will be much like the ones I am used to though. Speaking of, 2006 also marks our first full year in New York. It’s not exaggerating to say it’s a year where my life changed drastically.

2007 is shaping up to be more of the same. Genevieve and I are planning a trip to France to celebrate our 30th birthdays and I’ll be taking over at cheese manager at my current job. It should prove to be quite an exciting year.

|